Mumbai - Elephanta Caves Tour
Elephanta is easily one among the most enigmatic heritage sites in India. Who created this spectacular sculptural and architectural feast is still mysterious.
Elephanta represents the pinnacle of rock cut architecture and sculptural art medieval India achieved. Despite the mindless destruction, Elephanta’s art suffered during the colonial past, it still reserves the right to awestruck any ordinary visitors.
Elephanta island stands in stark contrast with hectic Mumbai city, which is an hours ferry ride away..
|Rate||A/C Swift Dzire (PVT)||A/C Innova (PVT)|
|Pax Capacity||2-4 Person||5-7 person|
|Cost Per Vehicle||INR 1,800||INR 2,200|
- Hotel / Railway or Airport Pick up and Drop
- Transport by private A/C Vehicle
- Toll Tax and Parking will be Extra
- Any extra expenses incurred towards Food, beverages.
- Any entrance fees.
- Round Trip Ferry Ride
- Toy Train Ride
- GST 5%
- Indigo or Swift Dzire for 2-4 Pax
- Innova Car for 5-7 Pax
- Deposit 25% payment of the package cost at the time of Booking.
- Deposit 50% payment of the package cost, 30 days prior to the departure date.
- Deposit 100% payment of the package cost, 15 days prior to the departure day.
- 10% of full tour cost, 60 days prior to arrival.
- 25% of full tour cost, 30 days prior to arrival.
- 50% of full tour cost, between 15 to 29 days prior to arrival.
- 75% of full tour cost, between 14 to 7 days prior to arrival.
- 100% of full tour cost within 7 days prior to arrival.
- Elephanta Boat Timing: The first boat for Elephanta leaves Gateway of India ferry point at 9 am. The first return boat leaves from Elephanta island at 12 noon and the last return boat leaves at 5.30 pm from Elephanta.
- Elephanta Cave Timing: Elephanta is open on 6 days a week. Closed on Mondays
- Elephanta Entrance Fee: Rs 40/- (Indian, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand citizens) ; Rs 600/- (other foreign citizens ). Village entry fee for all (Rs 10/-).
- Other Charges for Elephanta visit: Photography : Free; Videography: Rs 25/- ; Toy Train in the Elephanta pier (optional) : Rs 10/- Return.
- Boat Ticket : Rs 200/- for two way, based on the type of boat & Rs 10 Extra for Upper desk.
There is also a concessional child fare.
- Season: Elephanta is open throughout the year. Winter months (November to February) are pleasant. Avoid peak monsoon season (June to August ) as boat schedules could get interrupted due to the rough seas and heavy rain.